Monday, September 17, 2018

Troubled waters come but HE is everlasting.


Matthew 14:22-33

Jesus Walks on Water

Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home.  After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.
Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves.  About three o’clock in the morning[a] Jesus came toward them, walking on the water.  When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!”
But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.  But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped.  Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.


Matthew 23:23-27


Jesus Calms the Storm

Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.
The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!”



Troubled waters come. Storms of life toss us back and forth. Fear of drowning wells up in us. Jesus. Not using metaphors. Not TELLING a story physically calmed the storms. Physically had Peter walking on water. No matter the trouble we face and we feel like it will over take us Jesus gives peace. He calms the storm. He pulls us from the deep waters and shows us the way ON TOP OF THE WATER. Like a new perspective. A different way of seeing the issue. His way. 
My past has some pretty deep water in it. A time when I did not see how I would get out of the depths of despair. HE pulled me up. He showed me that through Him I could walk on water. Through Him that storm was calmed. I just had to have faith. People say to me I don't understand. They are going through this or that and it is just terrible. But they don't really know where Jesus rescued me. And how my storm was possibly more than most would see in a lifetime. There is this old saying that my Grandmother used to say. "God never gives us more than we can handle" I used to say it. I don't anymore. God WILL give you more than you can handle APART FROM HIM. I can do all things thru Christ. HE will get me thru it. HE will give me more than I can handle so that I fully and completely rely on Him.  We all have storms in our lives. We can let us take us under or we can trust in Jesus. Have faith that HE will calm the storm, pull us onto the water and walk with us taking us to new heights.

It is well.



No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...