Thursday, September 27, 2018

Missing you as much today as yesterday.

When I think back 1 year today. The last conversation. The last smile . It hurts. More than I thought it would . I wonder what would have been. There is so much you missed in this last year. I want to hear your jokes and sit down and hear what you have to say about this and that. But for some reason. God needed you there. And we have had to adjust to you being gone. Which isn't easy.
Thank you Daddy. Thank you for giving me a sense of humor. Thank you for saying the hard things. And thank you for padding the even harder ones.

Thank you for being there for me when I had no where else to turn. And knowing when I just needed to break down. Thank you for showing me that God was not in a box. HE was not a slot machine to get things from. Thank you for encouraging me to grow in spirit and truth. 
Thank you for making the kids remember lollipops and balloon animals. And thank you for making such an impact that they ask for you and talk about you.
Thank you for always saying "I deserve" to be treated like a queen. Thank you for making me see the value that God sees in me. Thank you for encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone and sing; to go for this or that job; for buckling down and DOING instead of watching on the outside.

Thank you for being an awesome father and grandfather. Thank you for being my friend and even more so my dad. You did not have to be. You chose to be. You may know now what and how much you made a difference in our lives. When I think of the word DAD I think of you. 


Thank you for having fun with us. Teaching me how to kick a football. How to cook crazy things. How to pick a great beer. Fish. And make the best out of little. 


Thank you for the practical jokes. And stories of Crazy old days. Thank you for SHOWING us how to live.

I pray that you can look down on me now and say. That is my daughter. And I am so very proud.



I miss you Daddy. 
I love you. 
And I am so blessed because of you. I know where you are now and it gives me peace.



No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...