Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Matthew 7:6

"Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you."


“Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you."





Not very long ago I could read this and think. Don't waste your knowledge on 'pigs' or the unholy. Don't give wisdom to people that would not even appreciate it. After going thru a desperate time in my life where everything was stripped away from me. Where it was literally just me and my children. God, in his perfect timing, expressed his great love in this verse. Seems far fetched and yet God can AND WILL speak thru, in, over, out of anything. 

I had indeed wasted what was holy on people or person who was NOT. Why.  I have a good heart. And I see that in others. That they could potentially BE who God created them to be. But there is one problem with that. People do not choose the right path. They do not choose good. Their free will is more for the bad. 

This verse lived on my tongue and was brought to my attention in everything I did. I kept telling God. I UNDERSTAND. .I get it. I GOT it. Let us move on. But We did not. Until I asked what am I missing?!?!!? And what I was told, vividly.... I had cast myself. Wasted myself. Thrown myself to someone that was NOT good. That I indeed was a pearl. I was not intended for pigs or dogs. That I had been trampled and attacked in every way that one could be. And God Reminded me. LOUDLY. "Laura, You are a pearl. Not a regular pearl. You are MY pearl. Do not cast yourself. Waste yourself or throw you self to someone that will only devour you."  Like satan who comes like a roaring lion seeking whom he may destroy so do people that are in our lives.  
 Today Beloved, Look at your life. Who or what have you allowed to trample you? You are HIS pearl. Do not waste yourself on things that are unholy. Live this day and every day from this point on for HIM. 


No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...