Monday, July 23, 2018

Free and unmerited favor..bestowal of blessings

Hebrews 4:16  So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

John 15



Jesus tells us that He is the true vine, and His Father the gardener. He cuts the branches that don't produce fruit and prunes other to produce more. And this has me thinking about something. My imperfection. I am being referred to here in this verse as a tree in need of pruning. (As is anyone that professes faith in Jesus Christ) I am not perfect. I have branches that have been damaged thru storms. My roots run deep and sometimes pick up murky waters of doubt. My leaves are green but the fall of my life is coming. You can find great shade under my branches with my little seedlings that grow and try to grow faster than they are able. But this tree. This vessel in all her imperfections, broken spots is bearing fruit. Why? Because of Grace. God's grace.

grace. blessing despite the fact we do not deserve.

In nature a broken tree will not grow straight. It may die quickly depending on the damage. It does not flourish. But this tree. The tree covered by God's grace grows, is full and healthy despite the broken spots. He blesses it . He tends it. He prunes it and cultivates the soil around it. He makes sure a constant flow of abundantly clean water is fed to it.

Now Mercy.

mercy. not being punished as deserved

I deserve nothing I have done nothing to earn any blessing. And that is the point. WE can't earn our ways to heaven it is freely given.
My soul is deserving of Hell. Oh yes. I am a good person. I am kind to others. I willingly help those around me. But this will not get me to the gates of Heaven!!  Because of God's merciful loving kindness I have been redeemed and can enter His gates. Which gives me a thankful heart and as a result I do as He commands. And that is to Love.

Love Each Other.

Not because you have to. Not because of duty but because of the over flowing love and mercy that Jesus has shown you.
Jesus Said LOVE!!

Beloved. Love as you have been loved. And if we all loved to the measure that we have been shown love. OH!  how we could change the world!


BLESSINGS.

No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...