Monday, October 29, 2018

Establishing your purpose.




Establishing your purpose.

We all have been there. Wonder what our purpose is. Wonder what God has planned for us. Pleading with the throne room wishing He would answer not understanding why. Reviewing our life over and over trying to find why He is quiet about direction and leading. Is it something I have done? Is it something I have not confessed? I know I am not the only one that has felt that. I pleaded with the Lord for a great job. God wants me to be a good provider for my family? He has come through with so many other blessings beyond all  I could imagine so why would a great job be any different or even simpler given what had happened in years prior that were MIRACULOUS. But it seemed that no matter how hard I prayed and begged. The great job never came across which caused me to questions my purpose. When I desperately desire to have my purpose revealed because lets face life is short. Living for God's Will and purpose is what we as Christians LONG for.  So in the last 4 years of rebuilding hearing and seeing God move. Blessing upon Blessing every step of the way and yet... in my humanity my impatience on the one thing that I felt was my purpose He was silent. I knew and have known my entire Christian Life that God had something in store for me. I believe when someone goes through great trials does so for a purpose. That the Lord uses our pain, healing and restoration to build His Kingdom, to show love to others, to partner with them in a true ME TOO.
So given that. I knew. There is a purpose. But where is it? Where is the provision part for my family? My desires. My plan. My way. Was not coming to pass. That may seem almost comically because well I said MY.. God's time and His plan is not mine. I want HIS desires, His Plan and His way. So my impatience is on me. I want to establish His Purpose. When I had let go of my way and desires suddenly God revealed Himself. My passion for 'crafts', helping others, serving others using my past experiences to lift others up was suddenly in my face.  Your passion is something that you could do all day long and all evening and not be tired. Something you are willing to lose sleep over. A deep desire deep within your soul.
Was I prepared?
It has been 3 days. And I feel awesome!  I HAVE slept. Maybe less. Worked a longer day.  There are growing pains. My youngest no longer goes to daycare and finding the balance of caring for him and working with in my gifts is a bit challenging.  But it is all about finding that balance for us. And we WILL. 

So. What have I learned in the last 4 years about finding God's purpose?
1. Don't rush it. He is an ON TIME GOD!
2. Yes, There are people in my life that are encouraging and have their thoughts BUT is that God's? For example Zechariah when John the Baptist was born and everyone wanted to name him after him instead of what GOD told him to do through the Angel Gabriel. I hate to say this. YES. Fellow Christians CAN help...but they can also hinder. You have to pray and seek and knock and be patient for GOD's plan.
3. Patience truly is a virtue. Think about what He is trying to teach you in this time of waiting. Reminds me of the song 'Waiting here for you'.
4. I have seen God move mightily in the past. Don't think He is done yet! I write it down. Recount my blessing. Places He moved so I DO NOT FORGET. So I am not like an Israelite wander the wilderness and forgetting what HE took me out of. The slavery HE freed me from, the path HE laid out. The Foundation HE built for me and mine.
He moves beyond anything we can ask for or imagine. Don't put Him in a box of what He can do in your life!!
5. To not be afraid to ask for BOLD things. Not settling. Not compromising. I know this is hard. This was difficult for me. Because of self doubt, lack of self worth. All because the evil one wants nothing more than to push you back in to the miry pit of destruction. he tried to destroy me. But my refuge and strength comes from the LORD MY GOD. There is nothing that can separate me from Him. NOTHING.
6. He wants to give good gifts to His Children and I am His child.




I pray this gives you hope in His will and plan for your life. It is not easy. But HIS ways are perfect. And I would much rather have HIS Perfection then my own plan.


Your Love Never Fails

No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...