Thursday, October 25, 2018

Day 1 - See I am doing a New Thing!

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” Isaiah 43:18-19


Day 1
October 25th
61 days until Christmas

After weeks of discussing, reasoning, praying, trying to understand the path that the Lord has set before us. For one. I had been looking for other employment for a long time to be a better provider for my family. I am accomplished and good at what I do. But no matter how hard I tried, begged God, asked Him to open the doors the doors never opened. And then things changed. As things do so often in life and things of God. He pretty much did a 360 in my life. Not just causing my repentance from my old self but in 'life'. I felt I was going thru the valley. That at some point and time after much prayer and sacrifice God would provide the right job and My Person I had been praying for my entire life. I had reconciled to the fact that it would be many years before either would happen. That this would just be my cross to bear and it was making me a better person. 
June 25th. Things changed. I don't deny the significance of that date. And I am rather shocked that it just happens to be the same number as today. But this day. I had a first date with a man of God. Who, instead of taking me to dinner, or bowling. Who did not do a 'date'. He had a bible study with me. NOT your typical first date. And it was the most amazing evening I had in my entire life. 
"I make all things new".
 In this I saw that when you least expect it GOD will change it all. And make it new. I love this man. He has stretched me in ways I did not think possible. We knew from the start that it was no accident that we had met. And that He had something big instore for us.  And both realizing we just could not find one another sooner because we just were not ready for one another.. God was not finished preparing us. 

That job I had been praying for just was not ready for me yet. So I needed to be patient. Well. He heard my cries. He answered my prayers. And yesterday was my last day at my old job. And today is day 1 of my new job. The job of my dreams. A job that is for HIS glory. And I get to work with, for and along side My Beloved in this journey. This new beginning, that might seem scary to some, has brought such joy in the anticipation of it that I can't contain my happiness and expectancy of what HE IS GOING TO DO! 
He makes all things new. The old has passed away and the new has come. 

When He promises He is with you when you go thru the deep waters,  rivers of difficulty, fire of oppression He is not kidding. He calls us HIS. He calls you by name. He calls me by name. And in this journey, stepping out in faith and trusting that He has control, HE will make a way in the wilderness. HE will make that stream in the wasteland.  And He has. 

I can not wait. I am ready. We are ready. Ready to build for His Kingdom. The workers may be few. BUT with HIM. We Lack Nothing!


Peace.



No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...