Saturday, October 13, 2018

Do you have commitment issues?


Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3


Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:5


Two verse, Two different locations. Both saying the same exact thing. 
Commit your self to God.
Actions- It is one thing to think. To think about doing the right thing. 
To want to do the right thing. To desire to. To need to. He says DO. Our actions. 
James says to be Doers of the word. Not just hearers. Because we deceive ourselves.
Why is that? 
If you tell some one you love them and never have actions to back it. How can you say you love them? We are a people of actions. We get up and DO. OR at least we should be. 
If we commit the things we do to the Lord. EVERYTHING. Trusting Him to make our paths straight won't He direct us on our path?!? OF COURSE. Even if we veer off course He will redirect us back to His path. I heard My Beloved speak about this today. And for whatever reason it has come up so many times ( I know it was you Lord). We beg God to lead, guide and direct us. But do we commit our action and everything we do TO HIM?

 I will admit that there are times I think. I got this. No need to interrupt God on it. The truth of the matter is. I don't have it. I need Him. I need His guidance. HIS direction. And so I let the GPS of my life redirect me back on His path. His will for my life. Not wasting more of my life on the taking the long way around. Even though we may need to learn some lessons. And yes we seem to repeat past mistakes and obviously God has to teach us some more to turn from those repeat mistakes and not even look at them again. Call it what you want. Character building perhaps. We are stubborn children. Thank GOD we have a gracious and merciful Father who LOVES His children. 
Just like a relationship where we commit ourselves and trust them to care for us and our hearts so must we be ALL in to what God has in store for us. And when we do. How much more can He do? 

Good Character is never built on good intentions. Good Character is built on doing something about it. 

If we trust in the Lord. And commit all we do. HE will help us. HE will guide us. It may not be what we had in mind. Lord KNOWS my life has NOT gone the way I wanted. As I have gotten older and matured I can see ever time God tried to redirect me. Tried to get me to pay attention to the long way around, the cliff I was about to walk off of. In my stubbornness and frankly disobedience I made things harder on myself. And if I could change anything would I? I heard someone once say that the desire to change your past means you live with regret. I think I will have to disagree. My "regret" is that IF I had obeyed God what would have been different? Would I be further in my walk? Ministry? And life? I do not have that answer. HE knew I would do this and He is still there. Ready for me to give it over to Him. I desire to. I want to. And I need to. There are days it is a every minute conscience decision to do so. And that is A-OKAY. If that is what it takes to reach my destination. I will commit to that. I will Commit to the Lord Everything.
We are children of the Most High. As we enter into this season of rejoicing let us also reflect on the greatest Gift we have ever been given. And the free will that He instilled in us to choose His ways. To choose to commit to Him. How Great He IS!

How Great is Our God




No comments:

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...