Monday, March 31, 2008

Loser~Loser

A sore one I am not.
I was busy sleeping on my cot.
Even though I was beat to the punch.
I did not know there was such a crunch.
The pressure was off because of a dream.
I thought I had it down like a scheme.
But that was just a wish that I will not see.
While the winners jump up and down with glee.
So it was just a small prize but a prize none the less.
I like to win and so I guess.
I will just wait 100 more though it may be a chore.
I think some others will be keeping score.
Or perhaps a better usage of my time shall become the habit.
Or I need to practice so my fingers are more like a jackrabbit.
All I know is I sit here in pain. Over the loss or maybe over being so so very vain.
Even though losing does not make me so sad.
It is the win that makes me glad.
So to the winners I smile and nod.
Enjoy your spoils!
And I stand and cheer for it is fun to rant and rave and gloat and jeer.
But this time you win and that is ok.
Next time your luck may just go astray.


; )

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are a very good not winner!!

I'm very proud of you!!!

Laura said...

WHAT? A very good "not" winner? I get it.. hahaha
Well.. I know who the REAL competitive person is.. . ;)

Ashlee Liddell said...

oh laura.... i am so sorry you didn't win....

this was hilarious though!

Laura said...

Don't be sorry.. it was more fun giving Joe a hard time than anything else!

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...