Monday, May 05, 2008

THE soap

I have very few memories of 'THE soap' as a child.
My brother, on the other hand, has a great knowledge of what all kinds of different soaps tastes like. I have not done the soap with my kids very often.
A few times here and there.
But it has been a long time.
AND NOW!
Well.. not so much.

JonRyan. The middle one. The quiet one. The obedient one. The I am eleven one. The I am getting to big for my britches one. The one that said the creme de'la creme of ALL words..
the f - - - word.. yes. memories of "The Christmas Story" is coming to mind. And what makes it worse is that Jacob heard him and began CHANTING the FREAKIN' Word! UGH!
So while JonRyan is getting to know "Irish Spring" better. I am having to explain to the 6 year old why that is a bad word! GEEZ. The things I have to do!

With that... what is the worst word you got caught saying?
You can abbreviate..

The worst thing I got caught.. well..I was not so caught.. I was in the back seat of my parents car.. I think I was 7 or 8.. and I told my brother to Kiss MY A$$! My parents FAVORITE phrase that they SCREAMED at each other at the top of their lungs. And when my parents questioned me about "Where in the world did I hear such language???" I could not tell them. I was too afraid. There is my confession for the day!

4 comments:

Robert said...

I'm sure it wasn't the first time I was caught but it stands out as a memory so I'll share it. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade. We had a dog named Sunshine at the time. After dinner I got up from the table and opened the door leading to the garage and side yard. Leaning back into the the house where the rest of the family was finishing dinner, I called to the dog, "Hey Sunshine, do you need to take a s--t? I totally meant to stop after "a" and did not mean for the word to come out. Too much practice using such words let it come flying out. I was scolded but I know they were busting up later too.

Laura said...

OH. I am really bad about that.. I probably would have laughed right then and there. That is a good story.

Rebecca said...

Mine was when I was in about 2nd grade, I was in my mom's classroom and my dad had come to pick us up for swim team and I casually called him a bastar . . well you get the point. I wasn't ashamed cause I thought it was just a name. They asked me to repeat myself as if it was a "bad word" and when I answered with that name again - they asked in astonished/ or was that pissed voices - where did you hear that word!!!!

Back to the Future I replied. :)

Ahhhhh- such naievity. Needless to say, I didn't get into THAT much trouble (what can I say, I had a cute innocent face), but I wasn't allowed to watch that movie for a few years, and they were a lot more careful about what they let me watch. ;)

Laura said...

When I was teaching.One of the kids in bible class called another kid a name.. and it was BAD. She had no idea.. and she started crying when she found out it was considered a bad word. Her parents told her it was ok to say. So I understand that innocent, deer in the head lights look...not that I would want my kids to say 'bastard' but I would not consider that the worst thing..ya know?!?

Spiritual Correlation in every day living

I remember what my mom told me. When you have to clean your room and it is a total disaster. Start in the corner and work your way out. ...